Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sometimes i just like to stare and think about nothing.
These are moments when i get stressed and things at work go AWOL. literally.
"Ser!!! Sira iyong 5 colors, tumirik iyong compressor! Ser! umaapaw ang tubig ng makina walang production sa gabi! Ser! Ser!Ser!!! Iyong truck natin nasa Splash pa paano natin madedeliver iyong Abbott before 2pm and Delbros may convention ng 5 pm..."
Stress. How to deal with it.
And what is management's role? To troubleshoot. To make sure things work. The crazy thing is, sometimes crazy things happen for consecutive days straight.
I wonder how my dad copes with it, dealing with these things for 25 years now. Hmmm.
My dad and I. We may not be alike but i pray God enables me to learn things fast. To handle the pressure calmly and make decisions guided with wisdom.
Sometimes i regret not being serious with life in my younger years.
Maybe i should've gotten in the business earlier. Maybe i should've been less carefree and more serious than i am now.
So many ifs buts and hows and whys.
But hey. We all have our learning curves and personally i'm just glad i have my dad to guide me. My old man is my biggest boss. It may not be very pleasant to live in the same house and report to your boss day in and day out in or out of the house, but i appreciate the guidance he has offered me. i love you dad. arguments, good times or bad times.
Management sure is a whole new ballgame.
Doing your job and managing people seem to be worlds apart, with the former ending at 5pm, while the latter is 24/7.
Still i am confident in time i shall understand and know the meaning of trusting in the Lord with all my strength while being fully confident that Him living in me enables me to do far more greater than i could ever achieve. Lord may you establish my confidence and decision making so that people may see that only You helped me to be the man i am to be in you in all things one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Tagboard by Tag-World
Name:

URL or Email:

Message [Smilies]: